Digital Media Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of projection and sound technical support to all facets of the motion picture industry. Digital Media currently represents the interests of Hollywood film studios, motion picture exhibition facilities, and industry-leading manufacturers as a trusted service provider on the east coast, with offices in New York, NY and Westchester County.
Job Title: Audio/Visual Field Technician
We are looking for an Audio/Visual Field Technician that would be interested in adding Motion Picture Cinema Projection and Sound to their existing developed skill set.
Project Design / Installation:
• Experience specifying projectors, screens and general room design.
• Experience specifying and configuring sound reinforcement systems.
• Provide equipment and technology research and coordination with vendors. Selection and qualification of equipment and software required for custom integration solutions.
• Developing detailed equipment lists and budgets.
• Developing cabinet layouts, equipment rack elevations and jackfield layouts, etc.
• Provide continuous engineering support throughout the project, from inception through implementation.
• System and Equipment configuration, customer training and ongoing system’s service.
• Generating functional and connection-level drawings/design for video, audio, control, LAN and communications subsystems, including preparation of drawings and documentation.
• Performs maintenance on cinema projection equipment, digital signage, sound systems, servers, etc.
• Provides demand service for clients; determines and executes a support plan.
• Examines equipment and assemblies for defects and replaces defective components. Repairs equipment and performs field testing. Resolves firmware and software issues.
• On-site technical calibration and setup for screenings & special events.
• Position requires the ability to work weekends, holidays and on-call if necessary.
• Five years of experience in A/V services and/or Cinema services.
• Knowledge of MS Office, Visio and Database Programs.
• AV systems and/or Cinema deployment experience including installation, commissioning and end user training.
• Must be able to manage strict timelines and multiple installation teams in order to meet deadlines.
• Ability to interact with field personnel, management and clients.
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experienced in installation, service, and support of Digital Cinema presentation technologies. These technologies include, but are not limited to: Digital Cinema Projectors, Multi-channel Audio Systems, Screen Management Systems, Theatre/Library Management Systems, IT Networks, Automation, Typical Cinema Peripherals, Laser Projection, Post-Production Procedure
This position requires:
• Proactive and frequent communication and collaboration
• Ability to oversee and organize large volumes of information
• Client service skills and the ability to work well with others
• A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Applicants must also be willing and enthusiastic about pursuing educational opportunities as technological advances in the industry emerge.